We’re looking for a Compliance Counsel who can create and drive company-wide compliance projects that us help minimize risk, balance strategic goals with complex regulatory requirements, and strengthen our business’s brand and reputation. Is this you?
As our new Compliance Counsel in Copenhagen, you’ll be a core part of our newly established Governance Team and drive key compliance projects across Trustpilot globally.
You’ll take on a broad role that includes advising the company on a range of compliance and privacy-related initiatives. You’ll work across departments and with different stakeholders to help them understand legal risks and obligations, and roll out high-profile, cross-functional initiatives that involve complex legal or regulatory issues.
You’ll also further develop and build up our programmes for internal compliance, governance and trust, and establish a strong framework of processes and procedures to increase the compliance level at Trustpilot.
- Develop and manage internal compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations as an online review platform and a global company - for example, on anti-bribery requirements and ethics best practices
- Create policies, processes and procedures to facilitate and support our compliance and governance objectives
- Help maintain and update our policies, such as our Code of Ethics, and policies on diversity and equal opportunity
- Support the Legal Team and our commercial teams on compliance-related legal matters, including advising on business partnerships, commercial strategy, integrations, and product development
- Together with the Governance Team, develop and help implement training programs to ensure internal compliance, a robust governance architecture and a focus on trust throughout the entire organization.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting policies, creating procedures and rolling out compliance programmes as an in-house compliance counsel. Experience with data protection and the GDPR is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience. Experience from an internet or technology company will be a plus
- You have sharp analytical skills and excellent writing and communication skills in English (other languages are a plus)
- You are diligent, proactive, collaborative, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these to colleagues and customers, taking into consideration the impact on the wider business
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects at once, ensure follow through and meet deadlines
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well
- Can work well independently or as a team player, ready to support your team and other departments
We offer you
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career in a fast-paced company
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great colleagues
- Great location in central Copenhagen
If you see yourself in this role, please apply below and be sure to include a personalized cover letter in which you describe why you would be our ideal Compliance Counsel.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com, or read about our work culture on The Muse.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Boasting more than 37 million consumer reviews of 200,000 businesses, Trustpilot is quickly becoming the world’s leading independent review site. Trustpilot reviews are seen nearly 2 billion times each month by consumers worldwide and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. We also help businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics, which can be used to improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with their customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer-business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius, Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities. For more information, visit https://www.trustpilot.com/