Every month 700,000 new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Every single day Trustpilot helps consumers choose with confidence while enabling companies to grow their businesses. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
To support Trustpilot’s rapid expansion, we’re looking for a talented Quality & Compliance Fraud Investigator to join our team in Copenhagen.
Trustpilot’s Quality & Compliance Team is part of a larger Trust & Transparency unit. We collaborate with Legal, Communications and Technology to ensure that Trustpilot is the most trusted company in the world. The Quality & Compliance team safeguards trust in our platform and we investigate and handle fabricated reviews, companies and users for fraudulent patterns. We’ve got a suite of automated tools and manual processes in place to help us work more efficiently.
As our Quality & Compliance Fraud Investigator you will be based in Copenhagen and will be reporting to the Quality & Compliance Director. Your tasks will include:
- Performing daily fraud detection activities with a special focus to improve our fraud detection tool set.
- Conducting fraud detection tasks on a daily basis.
- Working closely with the Trust & Transparency Product Team on developing and identifying patterns relating to fake review detection.
- Cooperating with the Trust & Transparency Product Team sharing expertise necessary for building compliance tools and databases that help us to scale better and work more efficiently.
- Acting as go-to person for other departments incl. management when there is evidence of fraudulent behavior of users or companies, such as online requests for or offerings of fabricating reviews on Trustpilot.
- Identifying new areas for investigation, provide input on relevant guidelines, procedures and processes where areas of improvement are identified.
- Carrying out ad-hoc fraud investigations of escalated cases related to any misuse of our review platform and assist our Communications department with investigations relating to PR cases.
- Educating and increasing awareness within Trustpilot about the work and fundament of investigators operations and trust & transparency principles.
- When required, help back up our Quality and Compliance Agents to solve reported reviews / tickets in case of lack of bandwidth and peak periods.
- Experience with fraud detection or similar experience is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of fraud detection from a data centric approach.
- Experience or interested in identifying patterns and outliers that can assist with the continuous development of our fraud detection tools.
- Excellent written English communication skills, and an ability to understand the nuances of communicating with businesses and consumers.
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks at once. A proactive approach to task and issue handling.
- Process oriented and a keen eye for detail.
- A can-do person who works efficiently and takes pride in handling every case.
- Ability to structure and prioritize your time.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to become a key part of an international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and learning new skills
- Nice location in central Copenhagen
Interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture? Check out our company page on The Muse.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Quality & Compliance Fraud Investigator.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 27 million consumer reviews of 150,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 24 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin and Melbourne, Trustpilot’s 500 employees represent 40+ different nationalities.