Every month 700,000 new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Every single day Trustpilot helps consumers choose with confidence while enabling companies to grow their businesses. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
Accounting & Tax is a shared service center function for the 5 group companies (DK, UK, DE, US and AU). While most of us sit in Copenhagen we have a close collaboration with employees and managers across the 6 offices globally and especially with team FP&A and the CFO who is situated in New York.
To support Trustpilot’s rapid expansion, we’re looking for a dedicated finance professional to help grow the team, scale and mature our operations and increase reporting quality.
As our Financial Controller, you will be a valuable member of the Accounts Payable/Accounting team which today consists of 6 members of different nationalities all with high spirit and who know how to have a lot of fun and still maintain the high quality and get the work done.
Not two days are alike and you will never get bored working as a part of Accounts Payable/Accounting. One of our core values is “We like to help” – both helping each other internally in the team as well as the rest of the organization.
In your role as Financial Controller you’ll be based in Copenhagen and work closely with the Accounts Payable/Accounting Manager. Your key stakeholders will be Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, FP&A and the management of group Finance.
Your tasks will include:
- Transfer pricing documentation according to Group Trustpilot policies
- Participate in month close activities by performing actions and reconciliations independently and by review accounts and the work of others
- Maintain and develop tax set up
- Ensure continuous development and optimization of processes
- Set up new processes in our Finance System (Unit4/Agresso)
- Preparation of financial statements together with auditors
- Ad hoc
- Ideally min. 5 years of relevant experience from a similar position
- Educational background from either auditing or from the Finance department of a bigger international company
- Advanced understanding of finance processes – accounting, tax, payables and general ledger in particular
- Profound understanding of finance systems and flair for IT
- Experience from Agresso/Unit4 Business World is an advantage but not a requirement
- Willingness to take part in AP and GL operations if/when needed
- Good understanding of documenting your work – both on a transaction level but preferably also by reviewing and documenting processes.
- Keen eye for details and quality
- Ambitious with your work and on behalf of others
- Work independently and be ready to support your team, as well as other departments
- Process- and results-oriented
- Good writing and communication skills in English (other languages are a bonus)
We offer you:
- The opportunity to become a key part of an international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and learning new skills
- Nice location in central Copenhagen
You will be joining an international accounting team consisting of 20+ savvy and passionate colleagues located primarily in Copenhagen but also New York. We work closely together and take pride in having fun whilst building to the financial foundation for this fast growing, venture-backed tech company.
Interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture? Check out our company page on The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in Danish or English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalized cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Financial Controller. Applications will be processed continually.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 26 million consumer reviews of 150,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 24 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin and Melbourne, Trustpilot’s 500 employees represent 40+ different nationalities.