As Payroll Specialist you will be joining our Copenhagen team and help us facilitate our growth through contributing to ensure high quality processes around our payroll. You will play a key role in a small team responsible for processing pay runs for the entire Trustpilot Group currently consisting of 700+ employees in Denmark, US, UK, Germany, Lithuania and Australia.
“You will never walk alone” – the tasks will be carried out in close collaboration with the other members of the payroll team and the Global Payroll Manager. This also means you will have a backup around vacation etc. Given your professional experience and attitude it is expected you will quickly ramp up to work independently.
As we are a rapid growing company the many routines can be combined with a number of ad hoc tasks and projects of various sizes depending on your profile.
- Collect, file and distribute input for the pay runs from a multitude of stakeholders
- Coordinate with our external payroll providers/bureaus
- Respond and research any issues regarding payroll
- Diligent upkeep of employee files (all data is electronically)
- Assist employees with questions regarding their payroll
- Assist new employees in setting up with local authorities
- Booking of all payroll related postings in P/L and balance sheet and make reconciliations
- Reports and data pulls for internal stakeholders
- Assist in month end procedures and audit
- Assist in building world class processes around the Payroll function
- Assist in scaling the function for superfast growth setting up new vendors, procedures and systems
- Apply for salary reimbursements
- Ad hoc tasks
Desired Experience and Personal Qualifications
- Documented experience with Danish payroll for at least 3 years from bigger companies
- Preferably experience with running payroll in foreign countries (backed by local bureaus)
- Experience in Lessor 5 will be an advantage and preferably other payroll systems
- Good IT knowledge in general and especially in MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Booking and reconciling of payroll related postings and accounts
- Functional working knowledge of Payroll and Human Resources, benefits, and payroll topics to include: Basic labor laws (DK and maybe knowledge about US and UK standards), taxation and employee contracts
- Full English proficiency verbally and in writing
Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects and effectively re-prioritize as the needs of payroll cut-offs and deadlines may dictate
- Attention to details required for payroll processing accuracy
- Comfortable executing in a fast-paced environment
- Extrovert and service-oriented personality
- Highly professional and diligent personality
- Must be able to maintain the highly confidential nature of Human Resources and payroll information without exception
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com or stop by The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalized cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Payroll Specialist. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 250,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.