Every month 1,500,000 new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Every single day Trustpilot helps consumers choose with confidence while enabling companies to grow their businesses. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
To support Trustpilot’s rapid expansion, we’re looking for a talented Fraud Investigator to join our team in Copenhagen.
Our Fraud Investigator is part of a larger Trust & Transparency unit. We collaborate with Legal, Communications and Technology to ensure that Trustpilot is the most trusted company in the world. The Quality & Compliance team safeguards trust in our platform and we investigate and handle fabricated reviews, companies and users for fraudulent patterns. We’ve got a suite of automated tools and manual processes in place to help us work more efficiently.
As our Fraud Investigator you will be based in Copenhagen. Your tasks will include:
- Perform daily fraud detection activities
- Identify patterns of fraudulent behaviour on our review platform and new areas of investigation
- Contribute actively to the development of our fraud detection tools and processes that help us maintain and improve scalable and efficient fraud detection measures
- Act as go-to person for other departments when there is evidence of fraudulent behavior of users or companies, such as online requests for or offerings of fabricating reviews on Trustpilot
- Carrying out ad-hoc fraud investigations of escalated cases related to any misuse of our review platform and assist our Legal Team with court cases, the Quality & Compliance Enforcement team and Communications department with investigations relating to PR cases
- Support the Quality and Compliance Enforcement team and the Trust & Transparency organisation in general in matters related to fraudulent behaviour on the platform
- Acting as go-to person for other departments incl. management when there is evidence of fraudulent behavior of users or companies, such as online requests for or offerings of fabricating reviews on Trustpilot
- Experience with fraud detection or similar experience is preferred
- Advanced understanding of fraud detection from a data centric approach
- Experience or interested in identifying patterns and outliers that can assist with the continuous development of our fraud detection tools
- Excellent written English communication skills, and an ability to understand the nuances of communicating with businesses and consumers
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks at once. A proactive approach to task and issue handling
- Process oriented and a keen eye for detail
- A can-do person who works efficiently and takes pride in handling every case
- Ability to structure and prioritize your time
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com or stop by The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Fraud Investigator. Applications will be processed continually.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 250,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.