We are seeking a Head of Strategy to be an integral member of the Trustpilot Leadership team; reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Executive Committee to develop, refine and implement Trustpilot’s long-term global strategic plan. You will work across all the teams within the company, ensuring the strategy is widely communicated and that there are processes and frameworks in place to align each team with Trustpilot’s long-term strategic objectives.
About the Role
A key part of this role is to define, build and lead the on-going global strategy processes at Trustpilot: from the definition (at both the corporate and business unit level) through to implementation and communication. This will involve working collaboratively with senior managers in the Executive Committee as well as other key stakeholders to support the development of strategic, operational and financial plans and milestones that align to Trustpilot’s mission and vision.
As a key thought leader and partner to the CEO and Executive Committee, you will also lead or co-lead a number of strategic initiatives – be they cross-functional projects, new developments or change management. These initiatives will be determined in partnership with the CEO and will be focused on those value-creating activities that are top priorities for the company to achieve.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading and developing strategic plans as well as working alongside senior leaders in a complex matrix organisation.
Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com) is a privately-owned, venture-backed business with an absolute focus on growth and innovation. Since launching in 2007, we have over 2.5 billion monthly impressions and are firmly in the top 1% of most popular websites globally. We have built this powerful review platform through our talented global team – currently 650 people across seven offices in Europe, America and Australia. We are constantly brainstorming as a team, building and executing ideas together and then celebrating big.
The Head of Strategy role is a unique opportunity to join this fast-growing business and work alongside the CEO as an integral part of the leadership team in driving the business forward and setting the plan for next phase of growth.
- Work with the CEO and the Executive Committee, to define, build and lead the processes defining Trustpilot’s overall strategic direction in the near-, mid-, and long-term
- Establish strong partnerships with key stakeholders to create the annual corporate strategy plans that are translated into deliverable operational and financial plans with key milestones
- Orchestrate and facilitate strategy-related activities: group/team workshops, meeting agendas, follow-ups within the Executive Committee as well as across Trustpilot (with savviness to time zones and our global team’s availability)
- Proactively drive strategy alignment and support business operations including organisational health and change management
- Lead strategic initiatives across the company and provide internal consulting on critical/strategic business questions
- Responsible for the implementation of strategy – i.e., for ensuring there are plans, milestones and defined outcomes that can be presented to the organisation as well as the Board
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Committee and particularly the CFO to ensure internal and external investment opportunities are assessed against the strategic goals of the business
- Be able to turn the strategy into something understandable for all stakeholders to support both internal and external storytelling about the strategy, including facilitating all staff townhall meetings in collaboration with our internal communications team
- Facilitate communications focused on the reinforcement of Trustpilot’s mission, strategy, culture and progress and to drive increased employee engagement
- Engage and oversee external consultants and service providers as appropriate
- Develop innovative strategies that enable Trustpilot to deliver additional value to customers and shareholders
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the leadership team rhythm of business, including setting up key processes and metrics and sets a positive tone for the entire organisation.
Candidate Requirements, Attributes and Experience
- Strong influencing individual contributor
- 10+ years in tech and/or consulting (including corporate strategy or strategy consulting)
- Track record of leading the development of organisational strategies that align to company mission and vision
- Experienced, hands-on project manager adept at establishing processes, creatively solving problems, facilitating cross-functional teams, and managing through significant ambiguity and complexity
- Exceptional strategic thinker and thought leader, with strong leadership, collaboration and influence skills
- Forward thinker willing to respectfully challenge the norm
- Highly motivated, resourceful, results-oriented individual who is likely to have an MBA and potentially other advanced scientific degrees or training
- Strong general management and leadership qualities with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and within a global matrix organisation - build strong relationships across teams
- Ability to work at all levels of the company, including with senior leaders and board members
- Understanding of the software development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including specifically, the skills needed to manage difficult conversations and interactions as they arise as well as a global / geographically dispersed audience
- Effective at driving complex multi-stakeholder processes and cross-team programs to desired results while managing risk
- Ability to build and create strong, effective relationships as well as influence and collaborate at all levels of seniority.
- Detail-oriented with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, curious, high-energy, decisive, solutions-driven, results-oriented
- Travel required as part of the role
- M&A experience desirable but not essential
- No formal education required but we have a preference for an advanced degree (e.g., MBA, Ph.D.)
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Opportunities to learn from the best and develop your career
- Great colleagues and a core work culture that you can believe in
- Great location in central Copenhagen
If you think this role is made for you, please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check us out on The Muse.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to inspire ever-improving experiences for everyone. Working here’s an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas.