We’re looking for a Compliance Counsel who can drive company-wide compliance projects that us help minimize risk, balance strategic goals with complex regulatory requirements, and strengthen our business’s brand and reputation. Is this you?
As our Compliance Counsel in Copenhagen, you’ll be a core part of our Governance Team and create and drive key compliance projects across Trustpilot globally.
Reporting to our Head of Governance, you’ll take on a broad role that includes advising the company on a range of compliance projects. You’ll work across departments and with different stakeholders to help them understand legal risks and obligations, and roll out high-profile, cross-functional initiatives that involve complex legal or regulatory issues.
You’ll also develop and improve our programmes for internal compliance, governance and trust, carry out education and training as necessary, and establish a strong framework of processes and procedures to increase the compliance level at Trustpilot.
- Develop and manage internal compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations as an online review platform and strengthen our position as a dynamic, global company
- Create and roll out new company policies, processes and procedures to facilitate and support our evolving compliance and governance objectives
- Help maintain and update our company policies, such as our Code of Ethics, and policies on diversity and equal opportunity
- Support the Legal Team and our commercial teams on compliance-related legal matters, including advising on commercial strategy, integrations, and product development
- Drive and manage confidential investigations into workplace or employee incidents
- Together with the Governance Team, develop and help implement education and training programs to ensure internal compliance, a robust governance architecture and a focus on trust throughout the entire organization.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting policies, creating procedures and rolling out compliance programmes as an in-house compliance counsel. Experience in creating training (including e-learning) is an advantage, but not required
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience. Experience from an internet or technology company will be a plus
- You have sharp analytical skills and excellent writing and communication skills in English (other languages are a plus)
- You are diligent, proactive, collaborative, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these to colleagues and customers in an understandable way, also taking into consideration the impact on the wider business
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects at once, ensure follow through and meet deadlines
- Ability to structure and prioritize your time well, and the flexibility to cope with change
- Can work well independently or as a team player, ready to support your team and others
We offer you
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in a fast-paced company
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Fun, international colleagues and an excellent work/life balance
- Great location in central Copenhagen
If you see yourself in this role, please apply below and be sure to include a personalized cover letter in which you describe why you would be our ideal Compliance Counsel.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com, or read about our work culture on The Muse.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Boasting more than 37 million consumer reviews of 200,000 businesses, Trustpilot is quickly becoming the world’s leading independent review site. Trustpilot reviews are seen nearly 2 billion times each month by consumers worldwide and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. We also help businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics, which can be used to improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with their customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer-business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius, Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities. For more information, visit https://www.trustpilot.com/