Join Trustpilot in Copenhagen as our legal counsel if you are ready to be a part of a great company, have fun and take advantage of real opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment.
As our Legal Counsel you will be joining our Legal team of 9 people with different backgrounds and nationalities. They are dedicated, hard-working and have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for. The team is constantly growing together with the company overall.
You will play a key role in supporting and taking lead on legal matters related to our platform. You will be based in our Copenhagen office and will be reporting to our SVP Legal & Compliance. Your responsibilities include:
- Working close with our Quality & Compliance (Q&C) teams around the world and support them with legal advice. They safeguard the integrity of our online review platform and ensure that Trustpilot is the most trusted review community in the world. They investigate companies and reviewers attempting to game the system, handle fabricated reviews, and work diligently to identify and mitigate unlawful practices
- Take lead together with the Q&C management team on building and maintaining enforcement templates, processes and procedures
- Assist the Enforcement Team in connection with escalated cases, claims and enforcement matters and the Legal and Communications teams with resolutions on press related matters and escalated cases
- Participating in the day-to-day work of the Q&C team, improving productivity and scalability (including knowledge management) by innovating and recommending improvements in tools, products, processes and training
- Manage and supervise lawsuits - and threats of lawsuits - outside the US, including involving external legal advisors
- Being a Trust Ambassador by raising awareness about the principles of Trust & Transparency internally across the business and externally, building and maintaining relationships with other departments: including NewBiz Sales, Customer Success and Support
- Review and negotiate various types of business agreements, including supplier contracts
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to Trustpilot.
- Master of law, LL.M, cand.merc.jur or similar degree.
- Knowledge about litigation and lawsuits.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and drafting various types of supplier agreements (IT contracts, MSAs, NDAs, license agreements and product sales and services agreements).
- Good overall knowledge of relevant European law.
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well.
- Work independent and ready to support your team and other departments.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills (English and Danish is a must, other languages are a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience from a law firm or corporate legal organization (industry experience is definitely a plus).
- Excellent legal and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills in relation to contract negotiation and dispute handling.
We offer you
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career in a fast paced company.
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Great colleagues.
- Great location in central Copenhagen.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com or stop by The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Legal Counsel - Platform and pre-litigation.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 47 million consumer reviews of 232,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.