Every other second a new review is posted on Trustpilot for one of the more than 220,000 companies on our review platform. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed.
We’re widely recognized as one of the most exciting digital businesses in Europe and we have ambitious plans for the future. So we’re looking for a Head of Internal Communications to help take the crucial next steps to build a global brand that starts with internal culture and engagement. With seven offices on three continents and 650 colleagues representing more than 40 nationalities, we think it’s one of the most exciting internal communications roles anywhere!
As the Head of Internal Communications you will be responsible for designing and implementing an internal communications and employee engagement strategy that demonstrates the role all colleagues play in achieving our ambitious global goals. You’ll be part of a talented team that oversees all communications and the freshly re-launched Trustpilot brand - so one of your key responsibilities will be to help us ‘live’ the brand internally that we’re projecting externally.
You’ll be the first full time internal communications leader, so you’ll be responsible for a range of tasks at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. A willingness to embrace a modern work environment where you work across borders and functions and in an environment that’s always evolving is essential.
We want to find the right candidate, so the location of the role can either be in our London or Copenhagen office. The role will require some travel between those locations, our U.S. headquarters in New York City and occasionally to other Trustpilot offices in Europe and the U.S. You’ll be reporting to the SVP of Communications & Brand, who’s based in London. Your tasks will include:
- Develop and implement a global internal communications and employee engagement strategy for Trustpilot together with key stakeholders
- Plan and implement communication strategies / campaigns – liaising with appropriate stakeholders, defining specific messages to be communicated, audiences to be addressed, selecting the most suitable method(s) of communication
- Support the senior management team, including the CEO, to implement effective internal communications strategy and deliverables
- Plan, design and manage All Hands presentations
- Develop and implement communication campaigns which support key business/strategic objectives
- Deliver tactical communications plans and activities at a good pace in response to a variety of ongoing business priorities
- Develop effective and appropriate evaluation mechanisms for internal communication processes and make recommendations
- On joining, conduct an audit of internal communications channels/mechanisms and recommend changes to our channel mix including new communication channels and/or retire others if and where relevant
- Help us bring our brand to life for all employees
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience within internal communications, preferably in an international environment
- Ability to develop ideas and have the influencing skills to achieve buy in (including at CEO and C-suite level) and conversion of ideas into delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management and ability to work with people at all levels
- Experience of delivery of creative and impactful internal communications and employee engagement activities to drive and support organisational change
- Broad experience of managing multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Experience managing change
- Brand savvy
We’re in the early stages of turning our newly re-launched brand into a recognised global leader in our category. This is a real opportunity for someone who wants to revamp and build our internal communications efforts as we become the world's most powerful review platform. We offer an exciting and empowering opportunity given the right candidate:
- The opportunity to be a key player in an exciting growth journey
- An international, fast-paced, vibrant and diverse working environment
- Competitive salary package, bonus scheme and stock options
- Lots of nice little perks including snacks, drinks, social events and much more
About the Communications and Brand Team
As the Head of Internal Communications, you’ll become a part of Trustpilot’s Communications and Brand Team. We’ve quickly grown from a small team of two to nine people spread across our offices in Copenhagen, New York and London. We’re a young and ambitious team with a flat structure that work closely together in an informal manner, all eager to succeed and learn - and we help each other grow and reach that next step in our careers.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com or stop by The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Head of Internal Communications.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 45 million consumer reviews of 220,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.